Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My first recipe and the ones who ate it!


I finally got a kitchen aid mixer after 10 years of wanting one! My sweet MIL found it for me at a garage sale!!! AND it works beautifully!  So I was getting ready to use it and turned it on without the bowl being snug in the holder...Yep! it scared me and made me jump. All of the sudden we heard a huge noise, I quickly turned it off and locked the bowl into place!  Anyways, here is my first recipe and who I made it for!!

Memorial Day we decided to have our sweet neighbors Anne Margaret, Derek, Amelie, Alena and Grayson over to our house for dinner!  We chatted and ate BBQ, corn, and pasta salad and closed the evening with Mexican train dominoes.  Super fun game, especially if you have a 3 hour slot to fill it!

Here is what we ate for dessert :)
Blueberry-lemon Crumble Bars.
Recipe is below:
1/2 cup butter
1 pkg (2layer size yellow cake mix)
2 eggs, divided
2 tsp. zest and 3 Tbsp juice from 1 lemon, divided
2 pkg (8oz each) Neufchatel cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

Directions: Heat oven to 350 degrees
Line 13x9 inch pain with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Microwave butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 min. or until melted. Add cake mix, 1 egg and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice; beat with mixer until well blended. Press 2/3 of the mixture onto bottom of pan (I would use more than 2/3...i still had enough left over to make cookies)

BEAT cream cheese and sugar with mixer until well blended. Add remaining egg, lemon juice and zest; mix well. Pour over crust; top with berries. Pinch small pieces of cake mix mixture between your fingers; press lightly into cream cheese layer.

BAKE 48 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely and then refrigerate for an hr.

1 comment:

  1. Super cool on the mixer (I'm totally jealous) and yummy recipe and fun fun fun!!!

    ReplyDelete